Saturday, January 17, 2009


i got matt costa's album "unfamiliar faces" yesterday, and i'm loving it. this is the perfect soundtrack to keep me from being grumpy on days that are too frigid to do much beyond staying inside with books and something hot to drink.

one of my new year's resolutions is to practice yoga at least three days a week. i've done it twice this week, with help from the videos from yoga journal's website. they are easy to follow and so far my favorite pose is warrior II, and my least favorite is chaturanga dandasana (four-limbed staff pose, pictured.) my shoulders have been sore the day after both times i've practiced so far. it's a good kind of sore though, the kind that feels like i'm doing something for my body. i miss that from my dancing days.

tomorrow is a day i have been waiting for since october, the closing performance of spring awakening. i am incredibly sad to see such an amazing piece of art come to an end, this show has meant so much to me over the past two years. however, i'm so very greatful to have the opportunity to see the final performance. it will be an emotional day, to say the least. if you're not familiar with the show, listen to some of the music on the myspace page. i'd especially recommend "don't do sadness/blue wind". the show will go on through the national tour and various international productions, so see it if you can.

No comments: